Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Real.exe error while executing

muzafar

I am getting a "Mismatch between namelist and input file dimensions" error while executing real.exe. Can someone help me to where the mismatch is exactly. I have attached all the required files

Attachments

• rsl.error.0000
    1.7 KB · Views: 2
  • namelist.input
    3.9 KB · Views: 8
  • real.log
    374 bytes · Views: 0
  • namelist.wps
    705 bytes · Views: 1
  • metgrid.log
    86.9 KB · Views: 0
The mismatch mentioned is as below:
d01 2022-09-12_00:00:00 input_wrf.F: SIZE MISMATCH: namelist num_metgrid_levels = 32
d01 2022-09-12_00:00:00 input_wrf.F: SIZE MISMATCH: input file BOTTOM-TOP_GRID_DIMENSION = 34
d01 2022-09-12_00:00:00 ---- ERROR: Mismatch between namelist and input file dimensions

I don't see this dimensions mentioned in the namelist files

Line 35 namelist.input.
Thanks for pointing it out. I am getting error in executing wrf.exe. I am attaching one error file for reference. Is there any other modification needed in the namelist

Attachments

• rsl.error.0000
    2.4 KB · Views: 4
  • rsl.out.0000
    1.7 KB · Views: 2
@Whatheway Can you please let me know what exactly the issue is from above log of wrf.exe. I tried to analyze but I am not able to decode the issue
Line 30 namelist.Input

Shows max domain as 1 but you have 3 domains listed.

@kwerner do you see anything else?

You run a 2-domian nesting case. However, in your namelist.input, you have the options like:
dx = 7500,
dy = 7500,
max_dom = 2,
You should at change to :
max_dom = 2,
dx = 7500, 2500,
dy = 7500, 2500
radt had better be th same for th two domains, i.., radt =7.5, 7.5

You run a 2-domian nesting case. However, in your namelist.input, you have the options like:
dx = 7500,
dy = 7500,
max_dom = 2,
You should at change to :
max_dom = 2,
dx = 7500, 2500,
dy = 7500, 2500
radt had better be th same for th two domains, i.., radt =7.5, 7.5
Thank you @Ming Chen I missed that detail.

@Whatheway Do I need to run a 2-domain nesting case. If that is the case it would require to change namelist.wps and re-run WPS as well.
Is there not anyway to run wrf with my current namelist.input?

I today changed the namelist.wps and namelist.input but I am still getting the same error.
I want to run 1-domain case for more than 10 days of data and retrieve all the output in one file. But here I am not able to execute a simple run.

Attachments

• namelist.wps
    705 bytes · Views: 1
  • rsl.error.0000
    2.3 KB · Views: 1
  • rsl.out.0000
    1.7 KB · Views: 0
  • namelist.input
    3.4 KB · Views: 1
I today changed the namelist.wps and namelist.input but I am still getting the same error.
I want to run 1-domain case for more than 10 days of data and retrieve all the output in one file. But here I am not able to execute a simple run.
I'll try to help you set up a namelist that will work.

Can you provide me with this information

1. Date range (year, month, day, hour) both start and finish
2. Domain of interest
3. Data type used for WRF input
4. grid spacing wanted for WRF run
5. Physics required for WRF

I'll try to help you set up a namelist that will work.

Can you provide me with this information

1. Date range (year, month, day, hour) both start and finish
2. Domain of interest
3. Data type used for WRF input
4. grid spacing wanted for WRF run
5. Physics required for WRF
I am interested in dates only as I want to generate data file from WRF for post processing to test a new code I have written.
I am attaching nameslist.wps and namelist.input for reference. I currently have data gfs 3 files of date 2022-09-12 for hours 00,03,06.
I don't need any specific physics or any specific grid spacing.
I am using gfs files with names like
gfs.t00z.pgrb2.0p50.f000,
gfs.t00z.pgrb2.0p50.f003,
gfs.t00z.pgrb2.0p50.f006

But I need WRF to give me one output file with multiple timesteps of data in it.
For the rest of the requirements you can set up anything that will run without an error

Attachments

• namelist2.wps
    1.2 KB · Views: 1
  • namelist2.input
    4.2 KB · Views: 1
@kwerner can you help with this. I am currently in the hospital and won't have access to my pc for awhile.

@muzafar, Since the original post here was regarding real.exe and you seem to be past that error, can you create a new post with a description of the new error and appropriate subject? When you do so, please attach your latest namelist.input file, and please package all of your rsl* files into a single *.tar file so we can take a look. Thanks!

I am beginner for WRF-chem V 4.4.2, and when I run real.exe I encounter error
taskid: 0 hostname: atm-HP-Z240-SFF-Workstation
module_io_quilt_old.F 2931 T
-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 6045
invalid parent id for domain 2
-------------------------------------------
Abort(1) on node 0 (rank 0 in comm 0): application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0
Please any help will be appreciated. The namelist are attached bellow

Attachments

• namelist.wps
    1.1 KB · Views: 0
  • namelist.input
    3.5 KB · Views: 2
I am beginner for WRF-chem V 4.4.2, and when I run real.exe I encounter error
taskid: 0 hostname: atm-HP-Z240-SFF-Workstation
module_io_quilt_old.F 2931 T
-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 6045
invalid parent id for domain 2
-------------------------------------------
Abort(1) on node 0 (rank 0 in comm 0): application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0
Please any help will be appreciated. The namelist are attached bellow
Can you please create a new post with a description of the error and subject matter? The admins of the board like to keep the issues separate.

When you write a new post please include your namelist.input and namelist.wps as well as a zip file with all the rsl.error files and rsl.out files please.