Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

***SOLVED***error(69): process interrupted (SIGINT) when running real.exe

yzji

Hello everyone! I wanted to run WRF with 4km resolution, but I encountered an error after running real.exe a few of seconds later. I have tried changing the initial and boundary fields like Process interuptted when running wrf.exe, but it didn't work. I attached the namelist .wps and the namelist .input and rsl.error.0000 files.
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• namelist.input
    4.2 KB · Views: 4
  • namelist.wps
    726 bytes · Views: 1
  • rsl.error.0000
    2.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hi,
I think it's very likely that you need to use more processors for this simulation. According to your rsl* file, you're only using 160. With your domain size (951 x 601) and a resolution of 4 km, you likely need many more. You could probably safely use up to ~2000 processors for this simulation (take a look at this FAQ that discusses determining a reasonable number of processors). That being said, that may not be the reason - or only reason - for the failure, but it's a good place to start looking.

If increasing the number significantly doesn't help, since your simulation stops immediately, take a look at your input files and make sure there is no missing or "bad" data. You also can list all of your rsl.error.* files and look at their file sizes. If any are substantially larger than others, they may contain some useful content regarding the error that caused the crash.

Hi,
I think it's very likely that you need to use more processors for this simulation. According to your rsl* file, you're only using 160. With your domain size (951 x 601) and a resolution of 4 km, you likely need many more. You could probably safely use up to ~2000 processors for this simulation (take a look at this FAQ that discusses determining a reasonable number of processors). That being said, that may not be the reason - or only reason - for the failure, but it's a good place to start looking.

If increasing the number significantly doesn't help, since your simulation stops immediately, take a look at your input files and make sure there is no missing or "bad" data. You also can list all of your rsl.error.* files and look at their file sizes. If any are substantially larger than others, they may contain some useful content regarding the error that caused the crash.
Hi, kwerner. I tried to run real.exe by using 200 processors ,but it still didn't work . So I tried to use only 1 processor to run real.exe , and the error was obvious this time . After changing the longitude of the center area, I ran this simulation successfully by using 160 processors. Thank you for your reply!
I attach the screenshot of rsl.error.0000 file.

Attachments

• 微信图片_20230323101404.png
    微信图片_20230323101404.png
    56 KB · Views: 12
Hi,
Just to make sure - you no longer have any errors and are able to run real.exe. Is that correct?