Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WPS does not recognize any available platform

twicy

Problem: When executing `./configure`, WPS cannot recognize any available platforms for compilation

Expected Output: It will list several options

How to reproduce: Execute `./configure`

Details:

1. I think I have setup NETCDF and Jasper properly, because their env variable have been recognized:

[root@node92 WPS-4.5]# ./configure
Will use NETCDF in dir: [path to netcdf]
Found what looks like a valid WRF I/O library in ../WRF
Found Jasper environment variables for GRIB2 support...
$JASPERLIB = [path to jasper lib]
$JASPERINC = [path to jasper include]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please select from among the following supported platforms.

Enter selection [1-0] :

2. I am currently using CentOS:

[root@node95 modulefiles]# uname -a
Linux node95 4.14.0-115.el7a.0.1.aarch64 #1 SMP Sun Nov 25 20:54:21 UTC 2018 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

3. Also, my WRF installation is very successful, so there really should not be any compiler issues

Many Many thanks in advance! Any piece of info is encouraged!

I made modifications to arch/configure.defaults so that now I do have options for compilations, to be specific, I basically copied the part with "ARCH Linux x86_64, gfortran # serial serial_NO_GRIB2 dmpar dmpar_NO_GRIB2" and changed ARCH to "ARCH Linux aarch64, gfortran # serial serial_NO_GRIB2 dmpar dmpar_NO_GRIB2"

But the compilation seems to be incomplete, because geogrid.exe and other binaries are nowhere to be found.

I will make a followup if I have a break through

I'm glad to hear you were able to overcome the initial issue. If you need some help with the new problem, feel free to start a new thread, describing the problem, and attach your configure.wps file and compile log and we will try to help!