Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

[WRF-4.2.1] ERROR: Not enough info for a p sfc computation

Ben-hur

Hello everyone, I'm trying to run WRF and now that I set up the model to run in a different time period, I'm getting the below error message (when I run ./real.exe):

Missing surface temp, replaced with closest level, use_surface set to false.
Missing surface RH, replaced with closest level, use_surface set to false.
Missing surface u wind, replaced with closest level, use_surface set to false.
Missing surface v wind, replaced with closest level, use_surface set to false.
ERROR in psfc: flag_psfc = 0, flag_soilhgt = 0, flag_slp = 0, sfcp_to_sfcp = F
-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 1452
not enough info for a p sfc computation
-------------------------------------------
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0

I've already read some threads talking about the same problem but I couldn't solve it in my case. Can someone help me please?

Attachments

• namelist.input
    6.6 KB · Views: 2
  • namelist.wps
    1.8 KB · Views: 0
Hi,

I experienced the same problem. I used GFS 0.5° analysis for boundary and initial conditions.
I Attached on NextCloud the package "Mauricio_wrf_files.zip" with namelist, rsl and the first metgrid file.
I appreciate any help you can provide.

Best regards.

I experienced the same problem. I used GFS 0.5° analysis for boundary and initial conditions.
I Attached on NextCloud the package "Mauricio_wrf_files.zip" with namelist, rsl and the first metgrid file.
I appreciate any help you can provide.
Hi, can you also upload the next met_em.d01* file so I can try to run this - it won't let me with just a single time. Thanks!

Hi Kwerner,

I attached on NextCloud another package ("Mauricio_WRF_files_v2.zip") with more 2 files met_em_d01*.
Thank you for your attention.

Thanks for uploading that. It looks like your met_em* files are missing sea-level pressure data (PMSL). Try to obtain that field, as well, for the GFS data you're using. If you're unsure how to do that, try contacting the group from which you obtained the data to see if they have any suggestions. If there is a known issue with this dataset and you get it figured out, please post the solution here in case anyone runs into this problem in the future. Thanks!

Hello everyone,
I'm so sorry for such a late response, my mind got caught up in other things and I forgot to come here. For Kwerner, I think the problem was the mandatory variables you mentioned, then the it was resolved. Thank you for your help and I'm glad that Mauricio also received help.